Doctors in Norway routinely use IT and digital solutions for their daily activities such as entering patient notes, sending e-referrals to other providers, sending e-orders to labs, and so on (source: Accenture, 2015).
However, according to the Head of Accenture’s Norway health business, “Despite the rapid uptake of electronic medical records, the industry is facing the reality that digital records alone are not sufficient to driving better, more-efficient care in the long-term” (source: Accenture, 2015).
As such, there’s clear understanding within Norway’s medical circles that adoption of new technology as well as innovative patient care processes is critical for healthcare market to make a remarkable progress when it comes to adoption of electronic medical records (EMR), patient decision aid tools and telemedicine solutions, and benefit both patients and physicians.
What Norwegian doctors find most important when it comes to eHealthcare adoption
“ I believe patients will increasingly insist that they’re the owners of their own treatment, issues, health data and, in particular, any decisions concerning their health. Patients are the main untapped resources in healthcare and we should see an increasing number of applications popping out to help them take better control of their own health ”
Innlandet Health Trust
eHealth Adoption Outcomes in Norway As Of 2015
Top eHealth adoption challenges in Norway
The 5 IT capabilities that Norwegian doctors use the most
We invite you to try our Collaborative Agile Teams nearshore in Ukraine and take advantage of:
- Ukraine’s vast pool of software developers, architects and QA specialists that’s expected to grow to 200,000 people by 2020
- Our IoT, Big Data and Cloud/SaaS/IaaS capabilities that have proven to be effective for several eHealth clients in Norway and beyond including Video Medicine, Inc., Innlandet Hospital Trust, etc
- Fast time to hire and, as a result, time to market (you can potentially have your eHealth software development team up to speed and productivity in less than 2 months!)
- Digital health solutions that fully meet and exceed HIPAA data safety standards
- Relatively low cost of software development compared to onshore rates (check out Ukraine's latest Tech Salaries in our blog)